BARKEIT contains Guaiphenesin that is an expectorant which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) to help relieve chest congestion. It clears chest congestion by loosening and reducing the viscosity of phlegm, increasing the volume of phlegm and making coughs more productive. Expectorants (Mucokinetics) are drugs used to increase bronchial secretion or reduce its viscosity, facilitating its removal by coughing.
Always take BARKEIT exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 6 years of age. Before using this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, lung problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain.
USES OF BARKEIT
To relieve chest congestion and wet cough
HOW BARKEIT WORKS
BARKEIT is an expectorant which clears chest congestion by loosening and reducing the viscosity of phlegm, increasing the volume of phlegm and making coughs more productive.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take BARKEIT exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
SIDE EFFECTS OF BARKEIT
Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat
Nausea or vomiting
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Feeling sick (nausea):
Try taking this medicine with, or just after meal. Stick to simple meals. Do not eat rich or spicy food.
Try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly or have smaller and frequent meals. Applying heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
BARKEIT is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
BARKEIT is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machinery while taking this medicine, it may make you feel drowsy or sleepy.
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine.
BARKEIT should be taken with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Consult your doctor for advice.
BARKEIT should be taken with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take BARKEIT if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Guaiphenesin or any other ingredients in this medicine.
BARKEIT should be taken with caution in patients with severe lungs disease. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you are taking,
Any other cough and cold medicines
Drug : Guaiphenesin
Pharmacological Category : Expectorant
Therapeutic Indication : Wet cough and chest congestion
Dosage Forms : Tablet, Syrup
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT BARKEIT
Can BARKEIT be used in pregnant women?
No. It is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking.
What is BARKEIT used for?
It is used to relieve chest congestion and wet cough.
Can BARKEIT be used in children?
No, this medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 6 years.
1. Helmut H. Albrecht, Peter V. Dicpinigaitis and Eric P. Guenin; Role of guaifenesin in the management of chronic bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections [Approved on Dec 2017] [Accessed 18 June 2021] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5724298/
2. Jill A Ohar, James F Donohue, Selwyn Spangenthal; The Role of Guaifenesin in the Management of Chronic Mucus Hypersecretion Associated with Stable Chronic Bronchitis: A Comprehensive Review; [Approved on Oct 2019] [Accessed 18 June 2021] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31647856/
3. K.D.Tripathi, Essentials of medical pharmacology, Respiratory System Drugs, Chapter 16 – Drugs for Cough and Bronchial Asthma, Page – 218, 221.
4. New Zealand Self-Medication Industry; Medsafe; [Revised on Nov 2010] [Accessed 18 June 2021] https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/CoughandCold/Guaifenesin1.pdf
5. Guaifenesin; Dailymed; [Revised on Jan 2020] [Accessed 18 June 2021] https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=6cd11814-c707-1b74-e053-2991aa0a0619
6. Tussalyte g1; Meridian Enterprises; [Revised on 2021] [Accessed 18 June 2021] https://www.meridianentp.com/tussalyte_g1_drops.htm